Here is a translation of official news that were published by Skambankt on skambankt.com, MySpace, or Facebook, as well as articles published by Norwegian and Danish media. The orginal texts have been published online. If you have an article you don't understand and want a translation up here, please give me a hint.
2007/10/05 Aftenbladet: Skambankt's last scream before 2009
|Friday night, Skambankt will play their very last concert at Folken for a very, very long time. The next concert won't take place until 2009.
- We have toured a lot this year. Now it is time to complete the tour and go into the studio again, Skambankt's frontman Terje Vinterstø says. Just a handful of concerts are left before the band retires to Suksesslaboratoriet - the studio in the eastern part of the town.
- The new album is planned to be finished around January/February 2009. Up to then we have to make good use of the time, Vinterstø says.
Because next year, he will be out on tour with Kaizers Orchestra, where he plays the guitar. And he will take along "Don Fist" Tollak Friestad, bass player in Skambankt. But he got strict orders to stay in the background.
- It will probably be 100-150 days on the road, but that means we still have some hundred days that we can use in the studio. Actually, we have really lots of time, Vinterstø says, clearly satisfied.
- Hans Panzer (Hans Egil Løe) and Bones Wolsman (Børge Henriksen) will also need something to do, Terje Vinterstøs says, nodding towards the band's heavier part.
- We could imagine to start something in the black metal genre, provided that we find some good musicians on rhythm guitar and bass, Hans Egil Lø says.
The additional requirements are hard.
- The person must weigh more than 120 kilo and be smaller than 1,70, Løe comments dryly.
After all, it is important that Hans Panzer and Bones Wolsman look best on the stage.
- We imagine that the new record should have a bit of a different character than the other two. We want to have the sound rougher and less polished, Vinterstø says.
Apart from that, the guys will take more responsibility when it comes to the recordings. Some new songs are already done.
- If we manage, there will be two new songs at Folken maybe. But we'll have to see. Now we need to start practicing, Vinterstø says.